Wig/Hair extension Care Tips
How to wash your wig *Straight/Body wave*
- Before washing your wig, make sure you carefully detangle your wig starting from the tips of your working your way up.
- Use lukewarm water and rinse from roots to ends. Do not soak or rub as this can lead to tangling.
- Loosen shampoo in your hands and work through the hair. Distribute a small amount of shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- When conditioning your wig, leave in for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Let lukewarm water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair; do NOT wring.
- Towel blot to remove excess water.
- Air dry on a folding wig stand. Tip: Gently part the hair with a comb before wig dries.
Do not use oil products excessively on your hair it will cause the hair to weigh down and become stiff.
How to wash Curly wigs
- You can apply the same techniques above, I suggest using a very good moisturizing conditioner. Curly hair textures drier than straight and body wave hair.
- Apply a moisture rich Conditioner and comb hair, starting with the ends working your way up to your roots.
Leave Conditioner in for at least 15 minutes or more
Do not massage the hair.
Scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
When damp, apply a dime size of an anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum for a more tamed look,
Do not use oil products excessively on curly hair, it will cause matting.
Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle & break off.
NOTE: Conditioner only wash is recommended at least 3 times a week
Bed Time and Daily care for your wigs
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into one loose large braid and wear a satin silk scarf or bonnet.
- After waking up, undo braid and comb using a wide tooth comb (or paddle brush)through beginning at the ends and working your way up to roots.
- Style as needed
- For bouncy heatless waves, style with flexi-rods or pin curls.
Daily hair care
- Brush or comb through to style.
- Avoid excessive heat!
- avoid using oil products excessively on your wig.